Rockingham County 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale
- 2016-2017 Rockingham County 4-H & FFA Livestock Show and Sale Program Overview (PDF)
- 2017 Bred and Owned Program Eligibility Requirements (PDF)
- Purchase and Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)
Beef Replacement Heifer Program
More opportunities for livestock exhibitors! If this is the first time you have thought about participating in the Replacement Heifer event, there are several things you should consider:
- All the animals in the auction must be either purebred or commercial beef breeds (no dairy crosses). In addition, sale animals are required to be shown in their respective classes in the Junior and Open Beef Cattle Shows during the week in order to participate in the Replacement Heifer Auction. Participation in these shows will determine the sale order.
- Open to Rockingham, Augusta, Shenandoah, Page and Rockbridge County FFA and 4-H members. However, only Rockingham County members are eligible to take part in the Junior Beef Cattle show. Augusta, Shenandoah, Page and Rockbridge County youth will exhibit their animals in the Open Beef Cattle show.
- Entries are limited to three (3) head per junior exhibitor.
- All heifers will be sold by the head to the highest bidder. No floor price will be offered. A 3% sale commission will be deducted from the final sale price to cover expenses and advertising before final payout to the exhibitor.
- The heifers bringing the highest price are those that have been vet checked safe with calf. In order to have ample time to breed your heifer prior to the auction, it is recommended that your heifer was born between September and December 2015.
- In addition, the Replacement Heifer Committee started an “Adopt a Junior Young Farmer” sponsorship program for those wishing to participate. If you would like to find a livestock producer to sponsor and mentor you through the process of preparing your heifer for the show and sale, please let us know.
- Also, if you or someone you know, would like to participate in the 2016 heifer project but is without the means to do so, contact your FFA advisor or 4-H leader. A Young Farmer Beef Feed Stock fund has been established and is available to a limited number of participants.
- Entry forms are due March 6th to the Extension Office. Information and entry forms attached.
- 2017 Beef Replacement Heifer Entry Packet (PDF | 120KB)